ARTICLE AD BOX
LAHORE, (UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News - 18th Feb, 2026) Federal Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi on Tuesday said “cheap politics” was being played over the medical treatment of the PTI founder, saying that certain individuals were attempting to exploit his health condition for political purposes.
Addressing a press conference here, the minister said it was the state’s responsibility to provide medical facilities to every prisoner and that the PTI founder was being given the best possible treatment. He said propaganda had been spread regarding the former premier’s eyesight, adding that the issue should not be politicised.
Mohsin Naqvi said the government had already been in contact with the PTI leadership and opposition members even before a request by senior politician Mahmood Khan Achakzai. He added that National Assembly Speaker Sardar Ayaz Sadiq had also played a role in facilitating contacts between both sides.
The minister said the government selected top doctors for the PTI founder’s treatment and both public and private specialists examined him. According to Naqvi, PTI leaders expressed satisfaction over the medical facilities being provided. He said an eye injection required for treatment could have been administered in jail, but the government opted to shift him to hospital to ensure the best care.
He further said PTI leaders were invited to suggest a specialist of their choice and to be present during the medical examination, but they did not attend.
He alleged that a demand to shift the PTI founder to hospital for a week was politically motivated, adding that blame game over the health issue should stop.
Emphasising dialogue as the only solution to political issues, he said Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif had always supported reconciliation and negotiations. He reiterated the government’s offer of full cooperation if any medical test remained pending.
The minister criticised road blockades, saying the public was inconvenienced despite the government’s cooperation. He made it clear that no one would be allowed to vandalise property or create unrest in Islamabad’s Red Zone under the guise of protest.
Referring to law and order in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, he said orders had been issued to ensure implementation of the Peshawar High Court’s directives to reopen roads, adding that the chief secretary and inspector general had been instructed to submit a report by February 18.
To a question, Mohsin Naqvi said Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police were rendering sacrifices in the fight against terrorism but stressed that success required full political backing. He also said action was being taken against those spreading anti-state propaganda on social media.
To another question, the Interior minister alleged that India was involved in recent acts of terrorism in Pakistan and claimed there was concrete evidence of its involvement, particularly in Balochistan. He vowed that terrorism would be eradicated from the country.
.png)
7 hours ago
2





English (US) ·